A diverse cross-section of powHERful women making an impact, both locally and globally.
We were thrilled to host 50 PowHERhouses for lunch at our inaugural Calgary PowHERlunch for female leaders on Friday, June 9th at CHARBAR in the Simmons Building, 618 Confluence Way WE, Calgary.
We look forward to our next Calgary PowHERlunch this Fall. If you would like to receive an invite and event info, please let us know here:
A PowHERlunch is our opportunity to encourage a maximum of 50 VIP’s from business, government, social impact and sport to connect for an afternoon of inspiration and purposeful networking.
The theme of our inaugural Calgary lunch was PowHERful Living Explored. We thoroughly enjoyed the energy and expertise that filled the room with quality conversation and connection.
Three Olympians joined us for lunch – Welcoming Chandra Crawford, Paige Lawrence and Linda Kiejko!
Noon Doors open, guests welcomed
Noon-12:30 BUFFET OPEN
12:30 pm Opening Remarks
12:45-1 pm Celebrating PowHERful Women Making an Impact – 3-5 minutes each
Guest speakers discuss the concept of integrating lifestyle + leadership and what that looks like in their lives, including patience, persistence, and perseverance.
- Living | Connie DeSousa
- Learning | Kelly Falardeau
- Leading | Filomena May
1:15-1:45 pm PowHERpods | Table-Talk Purposeful Networking – come prepared.
- Who are you in 30 seconds.
- What it’s all about for you? What is the impact you are looking to make in 30 seconds.
- What is one challenge or opportunity you are currently facing?
- What do you want to ASK the women around your table in 30 seconds – input, ideas, feedback, etc. 1-minute max. response from each guest (note-taker at each table).
- Each guest responds to each ASK with an idea, solution, referral or recommendation.
2 pm Closing Remarks
2-3 pm Casual Connections & Cocktails (optional)
WE HAVE SOLD OUT AND ARE COMPLETELY THRILLED! Thank you!
1. Connie DeSousa – Current Competitor on Top Chef Canada
2. Kelly Falardeau – Burn Survivor, Speaker & Best-Selling Author
3. Filomena May – Financial Advisor, Filo Financial Solutions & Calgary Luncheon Host
4. Charlene SanJenko – PowHERhouse Media Group
5. Cheryl Goodwin – Manager – Business Development, Empowered Logistics
6. Karen Judge – A Dose Of Happiness, Mind Health & Happiness Researcher/Speaker/Author/Coach
7. Lee Malleau – m+a globalnomics, Disruptivist Do-Gooder with an obsession for best practices in community economic development and prosperity planning
8. Allison Grafton – President, Rockwood Custom Homes, Changing the face of an industry. Determined!
9. Cathy Gotfried – Head Babe – Babes in Bali tours – escorting wanderlusting women on travel adventures
10. Gordon Breault – Executive Director, Speakers Canada
11. Margo Purcell – President/Open To Possibilities Inc., exploring what’s possible then making it practical.
12. Shauna Frederick – Owner, Frederick OTG, I have a desire to help others achieve ultimate success and to reduce the stress that comes with accounting.
13. Erin Wilson – VP, Dynamic Funds, Behavioral Finance & Client Wellness
14. Zena Amundsen – Astra Financial, I am a Heart-Centered Woman trying to change the financial world.
15. Rebecca Smith – Word Plenty, Brand Storyteller & Creative Copywriter
16. Kim Zacaruk – Owner, Stone’s Throw Coffee Collective, It’s more than just coffee, it’s about community, kindness, and providing a place where people belong; where they matter.
17. Chandra Crawford – Olympic Gold Medalist, MBA, leader of not-for-profit for girls in sports. Girls in sports are empowered for life.
18. Lynda Kiejko – Olympian, Pistol Shooter, Senior Civil Engineer at AltaLink, I am a Wife, Mother, Olympic Athlete, Professional Engineer, and an optimist looking to help others rise to overcome their own challenges.
19. Paige Lawrence – Olympian, Figure Skater
20. Nancy Helledie – Senior Communications Advisor, Suncor, Facilitator of purposeful conversations
21. Kanchan Tanwani – Office Manager, Marlow’s Diamond & Design, I love listening because I care
22. Heather Wilson – Coordinator, Development & Construction, Strategic Group
23. Brittany Rempel – Leasing Associate, Strategic Group
24. Lisa Steward – Contracts Administrator, Strategic Group
25. Junelle Dion – JDE Support Analyst, Strategic Group
26. Kathy Aaron – Director, Process Management, Strategic Group
27. Sheila West – Recruitment Specialist, Strategic Group
28. Danielle Smith-Deveau – Senior Property Administrator, Strategic Group
29. Meagan Berger – Administrative Assistant Development, Strategic Group
31. Hilary Schmitt – Rail Transportation Supply Chain Management & Logistics Professional, Bringing End to End Supply Chain Thinking into everyday solutions
32. Ellen Danielson – Repsol Sport Centre, A Customer Service Manager with a focus on solving customer and staff problems, and ensuring accurate processes
33. Lorissa Dong – Repsol Sport Centre, A Marketing Director that leads teams with purpose and passion and respects those with crazy vision!
34. Brenda Schnurer – Senior Consultant, David Aplin Group
35. Cassandra Raugust – David Aplin Group
36. Melissa Gunning – CEO Wean Green, Manufacturing, Sales & Distribution, Marketing
37. Shonalie Biafore – Founder, Believe in the Gold
38. Rhonda Macdonald – Communications Manager, Business Services and Strategy & Corporate Development, a strategic and productivity-focused communications professional passionate about constructive and disruptive possibilities.
39. Thomas Caulfield – District Vice-President, Fidelity Investments Canada
40. Dana Caple – Artist, Advocate, Entrepreneur – Buy Art~Feed Kids
41. Angelyn Toth – Founder of Xenia Creative Development Centre on Bowen Island and Author of From Squeak to Roar and Radical Trust
42. Marina Richards – Medicine Wheel and Wellness
43. Karen English
44. Bina Kamath – Women In Leadership
45. Julie McElgunn – Geologist/Career Coach, My dream is to help shape a new corporate model where people can thrive with passion, purpose and not be constrained to desk, time or MadMen style.
46. Shannon Chilvers
47. Elaine Kupser – Publisher of IMPACT Magazine
48. Sandra Bueckert – Owner One on One Personal Fitness
49. Kelly Barrie – Owner Fifth Avenue Physio
50. Michelle Frost – Assistant Raymond James Ltd.