CELEBRATE LEADERS TO AMPLIFY IMPACT | CHARLENE SANJENKO
AT A GLANCE
Women, Canada’s Powerful Asset to Stimulate Economic + Social Impact – Mobilize with Media
Advancing gender equality has the potential to add $150 billion in incremental GDP to the Canadian economy by 2026. This stat only speaks to the economic benefits of more female leaders. Imagine the social and environmental benefits. PowHERhouse is deeply committed to significantly increasing the number of women in key leadership roles by 2025. Media will be used to fully mobilize women forward, faster.
PowHERhouse is pleased to announce a partnership with researchers at the University of Regina to explore using MEDIA TO MOBILIZE WOMEN IN CANADA TO LEAD with strategic use of altruistic media campaigns.
” … Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits.
Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Gandhi’s words and wisdom have brought me to this conclusion … “Your words become your destiny”.
I’ve experienced this firsthand, and I’ve observed it over and over again with the women I work closely with. I care deeply about the Sport of Speaking, and believe it is a key component to move women forward as leaders.
If we are truly committed to moving women forward in Canada as leaders, we must set a specific goal with a deadline and just get on with it.
A Call-Out to High-Powered Female Leaders!
It is up to us to lead the charge…
Our lack of specificity continues to leave us floundering around this topic, lacking consistent and measurable progress. Treat this goal as we do our profit goals: set a strategy with a deadline, execute it, and realize the traction we’ve been talking about for as long as I can remember.
- Operates from the belief that every leader deserves the opportunity to make a world-class impact.
- Progressively pushes past perceived boundaries to tangibly demonstrate what is possible and uncover untapped potential, leading first and foremost by example.
- Proud Canadian woman of Indigenous descent.
- Wife, step-mother, sister, aunt, great-aunt, niece, friend, volunteer, mentor, advocate and tireless champion of powHERful women.
- Social impact entrepreneur since 2000, tireless women’s advocate, publisher & producer, author, speaker, community leader, economic development enthusiast and former Councillor for the Town of Gibsons in BC.
My company and social-impact vehicle , PowHERhouse, is disrupting and redefining the acceleration, activation and amplification of high-impact leaders. I transitioned from a corporate career in marketing and communications in 2000. I have experienced what works to successfully support leadership priorities in a corporate setting and wanted to create a framework, platform and creative team to best support leaders who are ready to operate at a higher level of leadership. We walk with you on The Leader Path, as clearly and definitively as an athlete's path.
Current leadership priorities…
- We have ten years to refurbish the 'House' of leaders we need to drive change and champion the solutions we are currently talking about in order to shift our Earth's trajectory.
- Planning, coordination and overall production of the Western Canada Leadership Accelerator in Regina, September 25-27, 2019.
- Working closely with academic researchers at the University of Regina to produce an academic research paper that supports our position. Press Release here.
- Partnering with organizations aligned with our mission and vision such as Hilti Canada, Tennis Canada, Canadian Pharmacists Association, Dentons and Deloitte and continually looking for others to join us.
Charlene's Leadership Pillars
Charlene is excited to work closely with six national organizations or professional associations - in health, sport, social finance, construction, innovation & Indigenous relations - who are ready to champion change in their sector, role-model what is possible in their industry and move Canada forward positively before a global audience. She welcomes inquiries aligned to the PowHERhouse mission and discussions of what might be possible where intention, priorities and synergies collide, allowing the powHERful opportunity to co-create world-class impact.
A key piece of our mission at Hilti is our responsibility to build a better future. That goes far beyond safe and sustainable building in the construction industry; we are also focusing on creating opportunities within our industry for all genders and generations. As one of Canada’s Great Places to Work® for Women, we strongly support the efforts of PowHERhouse in creating positive opportunities for women and girls.
- Martina McIsaac, President & General Manager at Hilti Canada
Deloitte is consciously committed to advancing inclusive leadership and providing an environment where women are encouraged to succeed. It is part of our corporate philosophy to create more women leaders at every level. Because of this, I’m most excited about our new collaboration with PowHERhouse and catapulting more women forward.
- Dailene Kells, Deloitte Saskatoon, Partner | Risk Advisory
"Women entrepreneurs make important economic contributions in Saskatchewan and across the country. At Hill & Levene, we want women students to see entrepreneurship as a viable and intriguing career path, that's why we partner with PowerHerhouse."
- Dr Gina Grandy, Dean and Professor of Strategy and Leadership with Hill & Levene Schools of Business at the University of Regina