A diverse cross-section of powHERful women making an impact, both locally and globally.
In June, we were thrilled to host 50 PowHERhouses for lunch at our inaugural Calgary PowHERlunch for female leaders at CHARBAR in the Simmons Building, 618 Confluence Way WE, Calgary.
A PowHERlunch is our opportunity to encourage a maximum of 50 VIP’s from business, government, social impact and sport to connect for an afternoon of inspiration and purposeful networking.
Our Fall PowHERlunch is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18th.
Below are the details and format of our June lunch. October details will be announced in September. Don’t miss out.
PowHERhouse announces Special Guest & Inspirational Speakers, Cassie Hawrysh – Athlete, Influencer, Content Curator & Host/ Speaker and 2014 Olympic Alternate and Erin Thorpe – Professional Engineer, Project Manager, Writer, Coach & Proud Farm Girl from Northern Alberta. Watch for more announcements coming soon!
If you would like to receive further event details as they become available, please let us know here:
The theme of our inaugural Calgary lunch was PowHERful Living Explored. We thoroughly enjoyed the energy and expertise that filled the room with quality conversation and connection.
Three Olympians joined us for lunch – Chandra Crawford, Paige Lawrence and Linda Kiejko!
Noon Doors open, guests welcomed
Noon-12:30 BUFFET OPEN
12:30 pm Opening Remarks
12:45-1 pm Celebrating PowHERful Women Making an Impact – 3-5 minutes each
Guest speakers discuss the concept of integrating lifestyle + leadership and what that looks like in their lives, including patience, persistence, and perseverance.
- Living | Connie DeSousa
- Learning | Kelly Falardeau
- Leading | Filomena May
1:15-1:45 pm PowHERpods | Table-Talk Purposeful Networking – come prepared.
- Who are you in 30 seconds.
- What it’s all about for you? What is the impact you are looking to make in 30 seconds.
- What is one challenge or opportunity you are currently facing?
- What do you want to ASK the women around your table in 30 seconds – input, ideas, feedback, etc. 1-minute max. response from each guest (note-taker at each table).
- Each guest responds to each ASK with an idea, solution, referral or recommendation.
2 pm Closing Remarks
2-3 pm Casual Connections & Cocktails (optional)
OCTOBER 18 RSVP LIST TO DATE!
1. Filomena May – Financial Advisor, Filo Financial Solutions & Calgary Luncheon Host
2. Charlene SanJenko – PowHERhouse Media Group
3. Cassie Hawrysh- Athlete, Influencer, Content Curator & Host/ Speaker and 2014 Olympic Alternate
4. Rebecca Smith – Wordplenty, Brand Storytelling & Copywriting | PowHERhouse Content Manager Intern
5. Julia McElgunn – Geologist; Innovative Career Assessment Mentor
6. Sandra Bueckert – Owner, One on One Personal Fitness
7. Sandra’s guest [details to come]
8. Jenny Coxon – Rogers Insurance, Director, Systems Operations
9. Jenny’s guest [details to come]
10. Niki King – Owner, Senior Hair Stylist and Master Colourist at Shag Salon
11. Sara Hiebert – Owner, Sara Hiebert Life Coach, Meditation/Mindfulness Guide, Connector, Encourager, and Supporter of Women
12. Sara’s guest [details to come]
13. Leslie Vivvian – Enchanting Mystical Moments
14. Jessie Fox – Lifeworks, I am a anorexia and bulimia survivor; a warrior athlete and owner of Lifeworks Gym in Canmore
15. Marci Birnie – Consultant
16. Shaulyn van Baaren – CEO, SvB Events, Event Management, I’m love meeting exciting new people and building my friendships and business connections the old fashion way – face to face and having fun!
17. Lindsay Hack – Shaulyn’s guest [details to come]
18. Tessa Martin – President, Serenity Now Wellness Centre, Passionate about creating unique mental health strategies to support individuals and their families
19. Kathy Xu [details to come]
20. Sarah Huber – Manager, Infrastructure Planning, City of Calgary
21. Sarah’s guest [details to come]