A diverse cross-section of powHERful women making an impact, both locally and globally.
We are thrilled to invite you to join us for our inaugural PowHERhouse Tea on Friday, June 10th from 1:30-4 pm at The University Women’s Club of Vancouver at Hycroft, 1489 McRae Avenue, Vancouver, B.C.
The PowHERhouse Tea is our opportunity to encourage 30 VIP’s from business, government, and sport to connect for an afternoon of inspiration and purposeful networking.
MLA Melanie Mark will be opening the event with a short keynote. We’ll be celebrating the launch of our Spring issue of PowHERhouse
lifestyle + leadership magazine, announcing PowHER TV
, our new series airing this fall,
reporting in on our PowHERtalks
events and their impact, and enjoying the energy and expertise in the room.
Draft Itinerary – a work in progress:
1 pm Doors open, musician playing and guests welcomed
2:15 pm Celebrating PowHERful Women Making an Impact – 3-5 minutes each
2:45-3:45 pm PowHERpods | Purposeful Networking at each table
- Who are you in 1 minute.
- What it’s all about for you? What is the impact you are looking to make in 1 minute.
- What do you need at this time? What do you want to ASK the women around your table in 1 minute.
- 1 minute for each guest to respond to each ASK with an idea, solution, referral or recommendation.
3:45-4 pm Closing Remarks & Door Prizes
Updated Guest List below (please scroll down).
Guest List | 30 VIP’s – a work in progress
1. MLA Melanie Mark – MLA for Vancouver – Mount Pleasant
2. MLA Jodie Wickens – MLA for Coquitlam Burke Mountain
3. Cleta Brown – President, The University Women’s Club of Vancouver
4. Madeleine Shaw – Co-Founder and Creative Director, Lunapads and G Day
5. Suzanne Seimens – Lunapads, Entrepreneurship, women’s empowerment, social impact
6. Loretta Cella – Leadership, social change/social impact, non-profit
7. Kait Burgan – Host/Producer, Shaw TV, Host/Co-Producer, PowHER TV
8. Tracey McVicar – Venture Capital | Managing Partner, CAI Private Equity
9. Jan Stimpson – Owner & Designer | Sympli
10. Seema Kanwal – Women’s Health | Naturopath
11. Joanne Norris – Entrepreneurship, social impact | Project Manager – ThriveNorth Initiative, Futurpreneur
12. Heidi Eaves – Project House Business Solutions
13. Jacqueline Gustafson – Director, SR & ED Markets GVA | KPMG
14. Lois Nahirny – entrepreneurship, health optimization | women’s empowerment | BC Women’s Economic Forum
15. Shelley McDade – CEO | Sunshine Coast Credit Union
16. Wendy Weir – Ceo & Founder, inspiring peace and presence through tea moments | Libre Tea
17. Teara Fraser – Professional Aboriginal Women’s Network | Raven Institute
18. Carol Thorbes – Communications
19. Sherry Strong – Food Philosopher and Founder of the Return to Food Academy | PowHER TV segment host
20. Steely Springham – Perspective Influencer & Inspirational Conversationalist | PowHER TV segment host
21. Jody Jackson – Jody Jackson Golf | Performance Coaching
22. Laura Grizzlypaws – Aboriginal Artist, Cultural Advocate & Teacher
23. Maggi Woo – Event Photographer for PowHERhouse Tea | Women’s Portraiture
24. Aileen McManamon – Business Strategist & Brand Optimizer | 5T Sports Group
25. Julia Chung – CEO, JYC Financial & Co-Founder, Admin Slayer
26. Tereza Bajan – Interior Designer | Bajan Design Group
27. Lori Norman – Investor Specialist | Steadyhand
28. Kiersten Enemark – Government and Regulatory Affairs Manager, Shaw Communications Inc.
29. Lucy Hyslop – Journalist
30. Cadi Jordan, Chief Creative Social Officer, Jordan Consulting
31. Paula Terrio-Boyd, Marigold Collective