We are a Women’s Media Organization with a strong focus on social impact.
PowHERhouse Media Group is a partner-focused, subscription-based media model.
It is our mission to redefine the role of Canadian women’s media and the impact it can make.
Mhairi McCallum of Out-Smarts Marketing interviews Charlene SanJenko about her mission: PowHERhouse.
The business model of HouseMedia includes the following components:
Who We Are and Why We Do What We Do:
- We utilize a multi-media platform as the infrastructure to encourage and deliver clear and open communication amongst Canada’s most powerful women.
- We want women to discuss the issues – social, environmental and economic – that are affecting their daily lives. We seek to bring awareness to these issues as well as inspiring stories of women who are creating solutions and making an impact to manage these issues.
- We share information and resources from key stakeholders (women’s groups, organizations and government) to support women as we address these issues.
- We provide hope, healing, clarity and advocacy. We provide a platform by women, for women, about women, working together to bridge awareness, accessibility, acceleration and answers to solve these issues. Women are stepping up, realizing we are who we’ve been waiting for.
How We Work:
Our mandate is the full realization of impact that the leadership potential of engaged, active, motivated, solutions-focused Canadian women can deliver.
PowHERhouse provides a supportive ecosystem that creates positive systemic change in the lives of girls and women both nationally and internationally, while acting as an educational and economic driver. We utilize HouseMedia, a multi-media platform to accomplish our goals, because digitally, we can reach across Canada from busy urban centers to tiny, remote communities. We aim to connect women to their strongest self, highest sense of purpose and each other.
As women activate their personal power and plug into a highly interactive and supportive ecosystem, they become stronger and ready to take their lead, both personally and professionally. PowHERhouse sits in the sweet-spot of lifestyle + leadership, recognizing that the stronger and more vibrant and energetic a woman feels in her body, the more powerfully, positively and confidently she leads in her own life.
Find Your Power. Take Your Lead.
Measuring Our Impact:
- We have the opportunity to change the face of women’s media – and the impact it can make – in Canada;
- We respectfully invite Aboriginal women and Indigenous leaders to this important conversation and welcome them into this social impact movement;
- We help female entrepreneurs increase their access to capital to start-up and grow their businesses;
- We work diligently to develop female leaders as much-needed decision-makers: on company boards, in the C-suite; and leading our communities politically – locally, provincially and nationally.
- Ultimately, we want to build a well-connected and coordinated collective of 10,000+ powerful, like-minded Canadian women to take on substantial social impact initiatives – head on – which may include innovative property development focused on co-ownership and micro-housing for women and girls, crowd-funding marketing and referrals, continued growth of our independent media & production platform for effective communication to provide a voice for the issues Canadian girls and women face in their daily lives, and of course, advocacy work.
HouseMedia extends to:
- A community of 2,500+ women
- 5,000+ readers per issue
- Ever-growing social media presence:
- Facebook 2,640+ likes
- Twitter 2,611 followers
- Linked in 2,181 connections
- You Tube 45,895 views
- We are currently in talks with several prominent Canadian female magazine publishers about the importance of collaborating and building our collective reach.
Distribution and Viewership of PowHER TV: Our pilot season of PowHER TV was distributed across Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, Calgary and Edmonton, airing of 20+x weekly with a viewership exceeding 700,000 viewers and a potential online audience of 22,000+ followers.