What ESPN has done for the world of sport, we are setting out to do for women!
PowHERhouse is a national Women’s Media Organization with a strong focus on social impact, utilizing a partner-focused, subscription-based media model. The mission of PowHERhouse is to redefine the role of women’s media and the impact it can make by mobilizing Canadian leaders who in turn mobilize Canadian women.
We know we can move women forward faster, together by providing access to the opportunities they need and deeper connections with like-minded women ready to support them. Click here to learn how more about our Women WE Celebrate partner program.
Who We Are and Why We Do What We Do: Voice + Visibility for PowHERful Women Who Lead
- We represent Canadian leaders who are up to EPIC work in the work, building their Profile, providing access to a nation-wide media Platform, and preparing them for Podium opportunities to find their voice and take their lead, demonstrating what is possible as positive role models making an impact to other Canadian women.
- Our multi-media platform infrastructure is utilized to deliver clear and open communication amongst Canada’s most powerful women.
- We want women to connect and discuss the issues – social, environmental and economic – that affect their daily lives. We seek to bring awareness to these issues as well as inspiring stories of role models who are creating solutions and making an impact to manage these issues. The underlying premise of PowHERhouse is a message of what is possible. If she can do that, maybe I can too!
- We share information and resources from key stakeholders (women’s groups, organizations and government) to support women as we address these issues.
- We provide hope, healing, clarity, coordination and advocacy. We provide an inclusive platform by women, for women, about women, working together to bridge awareness, accessibility, acceleration and answers to solve these issues. Women are stepping up, realizing we are the leaders we’ve been waiting for.
How We Work:
Our mandate is the full realization of impact that the leadership potential of engaged, active, motivated, solutions-focused Canadian women can deliver.
PowHERhouse provides a supportive ecosystem that creates positive systemic change in the lives of girls and women both nationally and internationally, while acting as an educational and economic driver. We utilize HouseMedia, a multi-media platform to accomplish our goals, because digitally, we can reach across Canada from busy urban centers to tiny, remote communities. We aim to connect women to their strongest self, highest sense of purpose and each other.
As women activate their personal power and plug into a highly interactive and supportive ecosystem, they become stronger and ready to take their lead, both personally and professionally. PowHERhouse sits in the sweet-spot of lifestyle + leadership, recognizing that the stronger and more vibrant and energetic a woman feels in her body, the more powerfully, positively and confidently she leads in her own life.
Measuring Our Impact:
- We have the opportunity to change the face of women’s media – and the impact it can make – in Canada;
- We are Indigenous founded, focused and friendly. We respectfully invite Indigenous leaders to this important conversation and welcome them into this social impact movement;
- We help female entrepreneurs prepare to increase their access to capital to start-up and grow their businesses;
- We work diligently to develop female leaders as much-needed decision-makers: on company boards, in the C-suite; and leading our communities politically – locally, provincially and nationally.
- Ultimately, we want to build a well-connected and coordinated collective of 10,000+ powerful, like-minded Canadian women to take on substantial social impact initiatives – head on ACTION – which may include innovative property development focused on co-ownership and micro-housing for women and girls, crowd-funding marketing and referrals, continued growth of our independent media & production platform for effective communication to provide a voice for the issues Canadian girls and women face in their daily lives, and of course, advocacy work.
- An engaged community of 2,500+ women
- 5,000+ readers per issue
- Facebook 2,796+ likes
- Twitter 2,819 followers
- Linked in 2,404 connections
- You Tube 50,779 views
- As of 2018, PowHERhouse is pleased to be working closely with print partner, IMPACT Magazine, a national magazine with a special Lifestyle + Leadership insert. IMPACT distributes 540,000 copies annually and 10,000 digital subscribers.
- 2018 Trade Show schedule currently being finalized: Regina and Victoria confirmed. Spring events in Calgary and Vancouver are currently being finalized as well as our Fall 2018 women’s show and event schedule. We project 70,000+ potential LIVE connections with women at trade shows over the next year.
Distribution and Viewership of PowHER TV: Our pilot season of PowHER TV was distributed across Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, Calgary and Edmonton, airing of 20+x weekly with a viewership exceeding 700,000 viewers and a potential online audience of 22,000+ followers. We look forward to the upcoming development and production of EPIC TV in 2018, Exceptional PowHERhouse in Canada!