PowHERhouse is committed to significantly increasing the number of Canadian women in key leadership positions by 2025.
We mobilize strong women to lead in Canada, and we'd love the opportunity to partner with you.
To request a discovery call or RFP proposal:
Charlene SanJenko, Founder + CEO
According to the Final Report of the Canada-U.S. Council for Advancement of Women, while leaders want more women in the higher ranks and are committed to the cause, they are not approaching the problem the way they would any other business priority.
At PowHERhouse, our priority is to make it their priority to put a progressive plan in place and take action on that priority for IMPACT!
- The conversation is changing about accelerating women leaders in Canada. Specify it as a priority for your organization, or you will be left behind.
- Put a progressive plan in place to take action on that priority to demonstrate your leadership both internally and externally. PowHERhouse can help.
- Utilize strategic digital media, one of Canada's fast-growing, most influential industries as a vehicle for action to move your plan forward, profile your leaders, communicate key messages, deliver relevant leader development programming to your team, and build your brand value as a key player in this movement. Up-level the effectiveness of your advertising dollars and the expansiveness of their results.
Total media ad spending in Canada is projected to reach $11.52 billion in 2018 and estimated to exceed $14 billion by 2022.*
IMAGINE redirecting just 0.5 percent of Canada's annual media spend to focus $57.6 million of sustainable funding on a consistent, coordinated multi-year effort of advocacy + action to move women forward, faster, in Canada as key leaders and decision-makers.
PowHERhouse is committed to working with national associations and organizations to close the gap between commitment and action and fully harness the opportunity to accelerate the advancement of women sector-by-sector.
Shifting how we spend our advertising dollars makes a clear statement about our priorities both to the women within our organizations and also women across the country.
PowHERhouse brings leadership mobilization it to the surface, activating it in tangible ways through strategic digital media initiatives + story-telling, targeted advocacy campaigns, leadership programming, live events and high-calibre networking.
BACKGROUND: In 2000, Charlene SanJenko left her corporate role as National Marketing Manager for an independently owned investment firm and set out to build a Media House for Canada’s most powHERful women. Almost two decades later, Charlene and her creative + events team with with association, corporate & academic partners to move the PowHERhouse mission forward.
reference: eMarketer’s latest Global Ad Spending: The eMarketer Forecast for 2018
“Why isn’t the conversation in Canada about, hey, we’re going to own the podium on women in business and women entrepreneurs, and let’s just get on it and go for it …. And why wouldn’t we, as a group of leaders – men and women – right now say that by 2025 we’ve got this, we’ve grown the most businesses owned by women, we’ve got the most scaled-up businesses by women, and let’s just get on it.”
Dawn Farrell, CEO, TransAlta Corp.,
Council Member, Canada-United State Council for
Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs & Business Leaders
PowHERhouse is 'getting on with it', and we're inviting you to get involved, take action and Partner With Us.
If your organization has committed to a priority of building strong women who lead in your organization or your community, we want to speak with you. What that might look like:
Publicly recognizing your female leaders making an impact;
Celebrating positive real and relevant role models for up & coming leaders;
Demonstrating what is possible and inspiring women to take action and reach their ultimate potential;
Providing relevant programming and proven tangible tools to fully activate potential;
Creating opportunities for women to access what they are ready for - clarity, connections, capital;
Supplying a much-needed inclusive media platform for Canadian female leaders to be known, seen and heard - impact amplified;
By women. For women. About women. We are who we've been waiting for.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Ability to take action and execute for traction towards an agreed to goal;
- Convening powHERful women for a purpose with high-calibre events;
- Well-curated original digital content and storytelling;
- Relevant programming to build clarity, confidence and momentum;
- Access to opportunities for your leaders (broker/intermediary/partnerships);
- Integration of lifestyle + leadership – leader readiness + recognition, energy + engagement, resiliency + sustainability;
- A healthy, diverse cross-section and cross-pollination of powHERful women, leveling the playing field - ultimate, active inclusion;
- Indigenous founded, focused + friendly.
To position you and your brand as a Regional or National Mobilizer of the PowHERhouse mission which dovetails into your own to ensure your top priorities are delivered upon through our work together.
Each and every PowHERhouse Brand Partnership models a customized, proactive working relationship. We choose to not use the term 'Sponsorship' because how we work with Brand Partners far exceeds photo ops, logo recognition, or presence at an event. We work closely with your team to clarify your current top priorities, decide which can be delivered upon by PowHERhouse, and set a strategy together to do so utilizing our media platform and the opportunities it represents.
“From a Community Investment perspective, I cannot think of a more wholistic and authentic venture. Women, entrepreneurs and community leaders are uniting to courageously step forward and share their vision; and most importantly, they are inspiring action… These benefits and actions are both immediate and compounding. If that weren’t enough, powHERhouse.com brings this entire movement online, creating lasting and far-reaching opportunities for limitless exposure, partnership, action and growth. And, it’s only just begun.” - Fortis BC