PowHERhouse is committed to significantly increasing the number of Canadian women in key leadership positions by 2025.
Over the next 12-18 months, PowHERhouse is undertaking the development of a report that communicates how various companies across North America are tangibly moving women in their organizations forward into more key leadership positions. View our report announcement here.
We'll provide examples of champions who are closing the gap between commitment and action
We'll describe how they are doing so
We'll be asking the tough questions to those we interview regarding the specific priorities they have set for women's leadership advancement, where those priorities are on their strategic dashboards, and how they are moving those priorities forward
We mobilize strong women to lead in Canada. We are currently seeking project partners who would like to support the development of this report.
According to the Final Report of the Canada-U.S. Council for Advancement of Women, while leaders want more women in the higher ranks and are committed to the cause, they are not approaching the problem the way they would any other business priority.
At PowHERhouse, our priority is to make your priority into a progressive mobilization plan and take action on that plan for IMPACT!
- START HERE: Let's start by asking the tough questions and celebrating those who are taking action.
- ACKNOWLEDGE: That the conversation about accelerating women leaders is changing. Specify it as a priority for your organization and get it on your dashboard or you will be left behind.
- DEVELOP: A progressive Mobilization Plan that clearly demonstrates both internally and externally that priority has been placed on the advancement of women leaders. PowHERhouse can help.
- ENSURE: Your leaders understand The Leader Path for your organization as well as their individual goals and clearly identifies what they need to get from here to there. Set that into motion.
- UTILIZE strategic multi-media, interactive-media and digital media, one of Canada's fast-growing, most influential industries as a vehicle for action to move your plan forward, profile your leaders, communicate key messages, deliver relevant leader development programming to your team, and build your brand value as a key player in this movement. Up-level the effectiveness of your advertising dollars and the expansive impact of their results.
Total media ad spending in Canada is projected to reach $11.52 billion in 2018 and estimated to exceed $14 billion by 2022.*
IMAGINE redirecting just 0.5 percent of Canada's annual media spend to focus $57.6 million of sustainable funding on a consistent, coordinated multi-year effort of advocacy + action to move women forward, faster, in Canada as key leaders and decision-makers.
PowHERhouse is committed to working with national associations and organizations to close the gap between commitment and action and fully harness the opportunity to accelerate the advancement of women sector-by-sector.
Shifting how we spend our advertising dollars makes a clear statement about our priorities both to the women within our organizations and also women across the country.
PowHERhouse brings leadership mobilization it to the surface, activating it in tangible ways through strategic digital media initiatives + story-telling, targeted advocacy campaigns, leadership programming, live events and high-calibre networking.
BACKGROUND: In 2000, Charlene SanJenko left her corporate role as National Marketing Manager for an independently owned investment firm and set out to build a Media House for Canada’s most powHERful women. Almost two decades later, Charlene and her creative + events team with with association, corporate & academic partners to move the PowHERhouse mission forward. Meet our PowHERhouse Team.
reference: eMarketer’s latest Global Ad Spending: The eMarketer Forecast for 2018
To request a discovery call or RFP proposal:
Charlene SanJenko, Founder + CEO
“Why isn’t the conversation in Canada about, hey, we’re going to own the podium on women in business and women entrepreneurs, and let’s just get on it and go for it …. And why wouldn’t we, as a group of leaders – men and women – right now say that by 2025 we’ve got this, we’ve grown the most businesses owned by women, we’ve got the most scaled-up businesses by women, and let’s just get on it.”
Dawn Farrell, CEO, TransAlta Corp.,
Council Member, Canada-United State Council for
Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs & Business Leaders
PowHERhouse is 'getting on with it', and we're inviting you to get involved, take action and Partner With Us.
If your organization has committed to a priority of building strong women who lead in your organization or your community, we want to speak with you. What that might look like:
Develop a progressive mobilization plan for your organization
Develop The Leader Path for your organization and the ability to customize it for individual leaders
Implement a comprehensive, multi-faceted media strategy to demonstrate action
Publicly recognize your female leaders making an impact;
Celebrate positive real and relevant role models for up & coming leaders;
Demonstrate what is possible and inspiring women to take action and reach their ultimate potential;
Provide relevant programming and proven tangible tools to fully activate leadership potential;
Create opportunities for women to access what they are ready for next on The Leader Path - clarity, connections, confident communication;
Supply a much-needed inclusive media platform for Canadian female leaders to be known, seen and heard - impact amplified;
By women. For women. About women. We are who we've been waiting for.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Development and implementation of mobilization plans and gender diversity strategies;
- Ability to take action and execute for traction towards an agreed to target;
- Convening powHERful women for a purpose;
- Well-curated original digital content, storytelling and multi-faceted media platform;
- Relevant proven programming to build clarity, confidence and momentum;
- Access to opportunities for your leaders;
- Integration of lifestyle + leadership – leader energy + engagement, resiliency + sustainability;
- A healthy, diverse cross-section and cross-pollination of powHERful women, active inclusion;
- Indigenous founded, focused + friendly.
To partner with organizations ready to prioritize and take action on the progression of their female leaders in a real, tangible and measurable way as one of their key business priorities over then next 12-48 months.
“From a Community Investment perspective, I cannot think of a more wholistic and authentic venture. Women, entrepreneurs and community leaders are uniting to courageously step forward and share their vision; and most importantly, they are inspiring action… These benefits and actions are both immediate and compounding. If that weren’t enough, powHERhouse.com brings this entire movement online, creating lasting and far-reaching opportunities for limitless exposure, partnership, action and growth. And, it’s only just begun.” - Fortis BC