Kim Zacaruk | Coffee House Owner/Operator, Community Leader and Collaborator
Kim's background is in business, human resources, and community development with over 20 years' experience in private, public, and community organizations.
She is now an entrepreneur and coffee house owner, with strong roots in community - a collaborator, leader, and volunteer.
She is a skilled leader developer, change facilitator, mediator, and negotiator who is known for her passion, honesty, work ethic, and integrity.
Kim's unique differentiators are:
- Kim is intensely passionate and always honest.
- Kim likes to think "outside" of her head and have spirit-filled debates with people and groups who will collectively and thoughtfully challenge the issues, and provide different ways of thinking.
- Kim presumes integrity, trust and respect is immediate and mutual, no matter with whom she is speaking.
- She doesn't subscribe to status or norms in most things; She tries new approaches. She discusses new ideas. She is not afraid of failure. She's a bit 'out there' and quite okay with that!
- While money and time are measures and markers that society needs at present, Kim believes in order to find value and connection, we need to work towards measures that are far more meaningful.
Margaret Mead had it right - "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has."
Kim is passionate about people, inclusivity, and about finding ways to work together to build better communities. She is a collaborator and believes that the pie is big enough for everyone.
Kim's coffee house serves kick-ass coffee and food, but most importantly it is a "hub" to connect people. At times, it further inspires and mobilizes people through various events - art and music, speakers, and supporting sport and other community events.
Her advice is kind, honest, and thoughtful; not just what she thinks you want to hear. Her 'people', her circles of influence, are from all walks of life; this has shaped Kim's ability to ponder broadly and deeply and see things from all angles.
"I could not have done what I have been doing, without having you here, helping me. Your impact has been huge, and I will miss that immensely."
~ former Deputy Minister