GATHER for HER with Lori Joyce
Building a Foundation of Authenticity, Honesty and Transparency
GATHER for HER with Lori Joyce
Her Leadership Lane: Building a Foundation of Honest purpose, better practice and a transparent company to walk bravely in an innovative investing space.
GATHER for HER is a community of Indigenous and non-Indigenous changemakers coming together on a consistent basis to learn, heal, and grow - together - and a digital storytelling platform that tracks these raw, real, and authentic conversations and tells the story of the wisdom gathered for a purpose throughout this individual and collective journey of expansion.
WHO is Lori Joyce?
Lori is the Founder and CEO of Betterwith Ice Cream, she leads with a purpose to prove that her vision for this company (and product) is relevant and important for a healthy and strong future. What is her vision?
- To create healthy disruption in the industry and lead with food transparency to build an honest food system.
- To create healthy disruption in the category as a female founder with honest intention.
No compromise, all purpose.
Where Did Her Changemaker Journey Start?
In 2002, Lori co-founded Cupcakes with her best friend. In a short time, the two developed the Cupcakes Franchise into a national 10-location chain. In 2010, she also became the co-executive producer and co-star in the Gemini-award winning reality TV show, The Cupcake Girls, which aired for three seasons and was broadcast in over 95 countries. After a much needed break and during a typical grocery run, she stood in the freezer aisle, with a knowing that she could make a better ice cream than the 'frozen desserts' that she saw in front of her. An ice cream without tons of sugar, or any gums that could disrupt the category with transparency. Honesty, accountability and better practice is simply better for everyone and Lori believes the time to lead with this mission is right now.
WHY is this Conversation Important?
Lori is a mother and an entrepreneur that is modelling walking forward bravely in a way that feels deliberate, purposeful, and intentional. As a changemaker, she is demonstrating what the future of female entrepreneurship needs to look like for generations to come.
Did you know that in this industry only 2% of female founders grow their company past the $1M revenue mark, and only 2.3% receive venture capital? Do you see the correlation? Despite these stats, the markets show that women-led companies outperform the market. Lori believes that this is an important conversation and action is long overdue - we will be hands at her back, as she has been for so many other changemakers. Will you join us in supporting the future of female founders?
"Honesty, accountability and better practice is simply better for everyone and the time to lead with this mission is right now."
~ Lori Joyce, Founder, Betterwith Ice Cream
How Can We Be Hands at Her Back?
- If you feel called, your presence during this conversation would be largely impactful. There will be conversation about the value in supporting female founders, transparency, and in building better food products and healthier communities that we invite you to share.
- Invest in Betterwith Ice Cream with a contribution of your choice. This essentially gives you a future equity stake based on the amount you invest. Find more information on the Betterwith FrontFundr page.
- Connect with Lori on LinkedIn and join the Betterwith Ice Cream online community on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Gather with us on January 12, 2022 at 8 am PT for a co-created conversation and changemaker community experience.