PowHERhouse is deeply committed to significantly increasing the number of Canadian women in key leadership positions by 2025.
Board PowHER is a Canadian Readiness and Visibility Campaign for female leaders.
In partnership with Dentons, we are excited to move the conversation of Women on Boards forward. Review our Dentons Partner Announcement here.
To date, PowHERhouse has hosted two preliminary Board PowHER webinars:
We are now pleased to announce our Board PowHER launch event, a Breakfast & Panel in Edmonton.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 7-9:30 am | Royal Mayfair Golf Club
7 am – Doors open, buffet breakfast available
7:30 am – Program begins, welcome and opening remarks
7:40 am - Panel introduced
7:45-9:20 am – Panel discussion
9:20 am - Closing remarks
Purpose of the Board PowHER! Event
We will want to ensure our Board PowHER! event takes a bold, action-focused, purpose-driven approach, targeted to move the conversation forward with tangible outcomes.
- Our panel discussion may include:
- Describe your story or perspective of diversity on boards.
- Group discussions on specific barriers you have seen or experienced related to building diversity on boards.
- What key takeaways do you have for boards seeking greater diversity and inclusive representation on boards?
- How does this get embedded into an organization's culture?
- Group discussions on specific breakthroughs or takeaways for those seeking to get recruited or recognized on boards, to stand out and show their commitments.
- What are our most valuable next steps?
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Group Discussion items may include:
✓ Discussion and comments on our initial “Board PowHER” checklist.
✓ If the vast majority of corporate board appointments continues to be made via networks (who you know), what are the tangible steps to break into those networks, build allies, and be top-of-mind for referrals.
✓ How do we increase the overall level of awareness on board positions available or coming available? In many cases, boards are a best kept secret.
✓ Successful boards possess a solid board skills matrix. Those looking to be recruited need to own their expertise in a chosen area and know how to clearly communicate that.
✓ The purpose of our Launch Event is to initiate a targeted dialogue yielding tangible results and commitments to move forward. Possible outcomes for this event to discuss and receive input on are listed below.
- Developing a relevant readiness checklist and a succession planning checklist for boards that includes the planning and perspective needed to build the staircase to recruit, accept and welcome more diversity onto boards in Canada and determining best distribution methods for them both.
- Consider a Board PowHER directory/visibility board (produced by PowHERhouse) and distributed regularly online, at select events, through strategic networks, and when appropriate with other media partners.
- Consider a Board PowHER recruiting + recognition campaign to clearly communicate key messages around readiness, story-tell lessons learned and best practices shared through this initiative, showcase positive role models.
Specific Call-to-Action to close (and follow-up) on this event:
Guests at our Spring 2019 event will be asked for their input on the three actions listed above at the live event as well as in our follow-up communications. We will also ask for their input on any other actions seen to be even more of a priority in order to move this conversation forward, faster.