Sherry Strong of Return to Food shares this recipe – one of her 7 Recipes for Life.
Why this Recipe?
Consuming this recipe several times a week will satisfy and put to an end to your sugar cravings. Chia Seeds are the miracle seeds lauded in the book Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, who wrote of the Tarahumara, a Mexican tribe described as “the running people”—ultra-athletes who run 50 or 100 miles at a time effortlessly and seemingly for pure enjoyment. They are a great source of Omega 3’s, good calcium, soluble fiber, digestible protein, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, and require no processing, no cooking…it’s all good.
You can have this recipe as both a breakfast and a dessert. I’ve served it as both with rave reviews. Because it is so jam-packed with nutrients, you will feel satisfied and a sense of well-being after eating it.
Chia Pudding Ingredients:
4 tbsp Chia seeds
2 cups spring or filtered water
1. Mix seeds and water, making sure the seeds are not clumping and are covered by water.
2. Soak overnight. Soaking overnight allows the enzymes to activate, which will mean you will get more nourishment from the seeds.
To serve, simply add toppings as desired: chopped raw nuts, sultanas, fresh fruit and nut milk. You can buy almond milk or other nut milks, keeping in mind to buy the ones with ingredients you recognize and understand what they are; once they start to list ingredients you couldn’t buy off the supermarket or health food shop shelves, you pretty much know it is highly processed.
Chia Pudding Variations:
1. Raisin and Cashew – 1/2 cup raisins + 1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
2. Chocolate Date – 1 Tbsp raw cacao + 4 mejool dates, pitted and chopped
3. Blueberry Blitz – 1 cup fresh or thawed blueberries + 1 tsp orange zest
4. Raspberry Bomb – 1/2 cup fresh or thawed raspberries + 1/2 tsp lime zest
5. Prune & Pecan – 1/2 cup of chopped raw pecans + 6 prunes, pitted and chopped
6. Honey Cinnamon Lemon – 2 tsp raw honey + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
7. Apple Cinnamon – 1 apple, grated + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 cup walnuts
This recipe is just one of Sherry’s solutions to help keep busy women powHERful and strong. We encourage you to check out all 7 strategic Recipes for Life that you can receive from Sherry in her 63-page ebook. More info here. Guess what? We’ve got a special PowHERhouse promotion. Simply use 7forfreedom as your promo code, and as a valued PowHERhouse peep, you’ll receive Sherry’s Recipes for Life as our FREE gift!