PowHERhouse is deeply committed to significantly increasing the number of Canadian women in key leadership positions by 2025.
Celebrating 5 YEARS of Building Strong Canadian Women Leaders:
Building a stronger nation, one powHERful woman at a time.
PowHERhouse is a national women’s leadership accelerator that offers Canadian women the tools and network to advance in business and leadership with the express purpose of positive social and economic empowerment and IMPACT.
PowHERhouse creates opportunities for women leaders in Canada to access what they need to amplify their impact.
- We know there is a changing conversation about women in leadership in Canada.
- We have Epic Women Leaders, but in many cases, we don’t see them, we don’t hear about them, we don’t have access to them. They’re not featured and celebrated and therefore their impact isn’t amplified, and we’re changing that.
- We also have Canadian Women with Epic Leadership potential, but they need to see and hear, and access and connect with the women leaders I just mentioned. They need opportunities to recognize and catalyze their full potential, and we offer programming designed specifically to do that.
Founded in October 2013, we are a media HOUSE furnished with programming, publications, live events, webinars and both group and one-on-one progressive performance mentoring, providing a supportive ecosystem that creates positive systemic change in the lives of women while acting as an educational and economic driver. We – literally – mobilize Canadian women to lead.
We connect women to their strongest Selves, highest sense of purpose and optimized potential as we operate under 5 guiding principles:
1. If you can SEE it, you can BE it. Positive role models powerfully demonstrate possibility and potential.
2. If you were not CALLED, you wouldn't be COMPELLED. Women have a hunger to follow their true calling. We help them find clarity, explore possibility and Play Bigger. The clearer you are, the faster it shows up.
3. You get what you are READY for. Once committed to their leadership priorities, we prepare them to progressively move forward while clearly and concisely publicly communicating their impact. Preparation breeds confidence and access to opportunity.
4. Magic happens at the periphery. Expect magic at every encounter. Be memorable to be memorable.
5. The stronger, more grounded and energetic we are in our BODIES, the more powerfully and confidently we live, learn and lead in our LIVES.
How We Work | Partnerships, Publications, Projects + Programming
Partnerships | We are grateful for the support, calibre and initiative of our Partners, including HILTI Canada, Dentons, Deloitte, Tennis Canada, Edwards Business School at the University of Saskatchewan, and UBC Sauder School of Business. With each Partner, priorities have been clearly identified that align with our mission. A strategy is then agreed to and executed on that plugs strategically, efficiently and effectively into the PowHERhouse platform.
Publications | Our digital lifestyle + leadership magazine called PowHERhouse allows the partners we work with to publicly recognize and celebrate their female leaders, a great tool for leader engagement and retention!
Projects | We work closely with various partners to move special projects forward related to leader development + recognition, gender diversity + equity, and team engagement + performance.
Programming | We offer five leader development programs to meet the various needs of female leaders where they are at:
- Individual Progressive Performance + 1-on-1 Clarity Conversions
- Women WE Celebrate leader development + visibility for emerging leaders
- SPEAK! Canada: Find Your Voice. Take Your Lead
- AMPLIFY National Visibility Program for Senior Leaders
- LEAN2LEAD: Whole-Self Health Reset
Our live niche events reach far past typical networking as we provide speaking platforms for the women we work closely with, fill our venues through intentional invitations, and reach a high-quality and depth of conversation through carefully structured programming that encourages inspiration leading to action by profiling women who demonstrate what is possible. "If she can do it, maybe I can too!"
"I feel you have created a refreshing approach to this conversation about women in leadership; I especially appreciate the focus and integration on women leaders from all sectors - corporate, entrepreneurship, public sector, politics. I look forward to next year!"
- An engaged community of 2,700+ women
- 5,000+ readers per issue
- Facebook 2,940+ likes
- Twitter 2,927 followers, estimated reach 20,000 accounts and close to 60,000 impressions per tweet
- Linked in 2,787 connections
- You Tube 60.8K views
- 2019/2020 LIVE Events, we project 50,000+ potential interactions with women both online and at trade shows, events, conferences and speaking engagements over the next year.
Distribution and Viewership of PowHER TV: Our pilot season of PowHER TV was distributed across Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, Calgary and Edmonton, airing of 20+x weekly with a viewership exceeding 700,000 viewers and a potential online audience of 22,000+ followers. We look forward to the future development and production of EPIC TV in 2018, Exceptional PowHERhouse in Canada!
Welcome to our House. Built by women, about women, for women ready to soar!