PowHERhouse is deeply committed to significantly increasing the number of Canadian women in key leadership positions by 2025.
Board PowHER is a Canadian Readiness and Visibility Campaign for female leaders.
In partnership with Dentons, we are excited to move the conversation of Women on Boards forward. Review our Dentons Partner Announcement here.
To date, PowHERhouse has hosted two preliminary Board PowHER webinars:
We are now pleased to announce our Board PowHER launch event, a Breakfast & Panel in Edmonton.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 7-9:30 am | Royal Mayfair Golf Club
7 am – Doors open, breakfast available
7:30-9 am – Program/panel/facilitated group discussion & networking
9-9:30 am – Casual networking and connection time (optional)
Purpose of the Board PowHER! Event
We will want to ensure our Board PowHER! event takes a bold, action-focused, purpose-driven approach, targeted to move the conversation forward with tangible outcomes.
- Our panel conversation may include:
- Where are we gaining traction, where are we not? Real-life examples/stories
- What does a non-typical path to getting on boards look like?
- Where are the blocks and challenges women are still facing?
- What are the specific actions and commitments needed to move forward in the next 12 months?
- Who is responsible and ready to take those steps?
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
If you would like to receive information about Board PowHER as it becomes available, please let us know here:
Group Discussion items may include:
✓ Discussion and comments on our initial “Board PowHER” checklist.
✓ If the vast majority of corporate board appointments continues to be made via networks (who you know), what are the tangible steps to break into those networks, build allies, and be top-of-mind for referrals.
✓ How do we increase the overall level of awareness on board positions available or coming available? In many cases, boards are a best kept secret.
✓ Successful boards possess a solid board skills matrix. Women need to own their expertise in a chosen area and know how to clearly communicate that.
✓ The purpose of our Launch Event is to initiate a targeted dialogue yielding tangible results and commitments to move forward. Possible outcomes for this event to discuss and receive input on are listed below.
- Developing a relevant readiness checklist for women and a succession planning checklist for boards that includes the planning and perspective needed to build the staircase to recruit, accept and welcome more women onto boards in Canada and determining best distribution methods for them both.
- Consider a Board PowHER directory/visibility board (produced by PowHERhouse) and distributed regularly online, at select events, through strategic networks, and when appropriate with other media partners.
- Consider a Board PowHER recruiting + recognition campaign to clearly communicate key messages around readiness, story-tell lessons learned and best practices shared through this initiative, showcase positive role models.
Specific Call-to-Action to close (and follow-up) on this event:
Guests at our Spring 2019 event will be asked for their input on the three actions listed above at the live event as well as in our follow-up communications. We will also ask for their input on any other actions seen to be even more of a priority in order to move this conversation forward, faster.