Builder of Strong Women Who Lead.
Publisher. Producer. PowHERtalker.
I am Charlene SanJenko, and I am a revolutionary leader.
I push progressively past perceived boundaries to tangibly demonstrate what is possible and uncover untapped potential.
I am a proud Canadian woman of Indigenous descent.
I am a wife, step-mother, sister, aunt, great-aunt, niece, friend, volunteer, mentor, advocate and champion of powHERful women.
I am a social entrepreneur, tireless women's advocate, publisher & producer, author, speaker, community leader, economic development enthusiast and second-term Councillor for the Town of Gibsons in BC.
I am a potential, performance and progression strategist passionate to help powHERful women move forward, faster.
At my core, I build strong women who lead. My company, PowHERhouse, is disrupting and redefining the media industry.
Media is a powerful mirror and an overlooked and underutilized tool to fully harness the potential of women in Canada.
I left my corporate role as National Marketing Manager for an independently owned investment firm and set out to build a House for Canada's most powHERful women. The journey began 18 years ago, and the PowHERhouse brand was born mid-2013. Over the past five years, I have explored the relationship between mobilizing women and our use of media.
Current leadership priorities...
- I am working closely with academic researchers at the University of Regina to produce an academic research paper that supports our position. Press Release here.
- I am also working closely with organizations such as Hilti Canada and Dentons to move our mission forward and am looking for other national partners to provide support.
- Our #1 goal is to obtain the commitment of Canadian brands/business/organizations who are ready to sign a multi-year pledge committing a fraction of their annual advertising budget to a tangible goal of moving women forward by 2025. The budget is there. It's being spent. The question is: Could it be spent more effectively?
I have a vision. IMAGINE...
- Imagine the impact of a well-connected and coordinated collective of 10,000+ powerful, like-minded, purpose-driven Canadian women - leaders, decision-makers, influencers, innovators and catalysts of change.
- Imagine the impact as this collective takes on substantial social and economics initiatives with a solutions-focused approach - head on - which may include innovative property development focused on co-ownership and micro-housing for women and girls, crowd-funding marketing, referrals and support, and leadership development of girls and young women, and of course, political and advocacy work; providing a hand-up rather than a hand-out.
- Imagine the value of an independent media house to coordinate consistent, progressive action, supported by values-aligned media partners, advertising experts, sustainable funding partners, and academic partners to provide a resounding collective voice for the issues Canadian girls and women face in their daily lives, and the positive role models working hard to provide solutions to these issues.
- I imagine this vision every single day, and with each minute that passes, my vision becomes closer to my reality.
My best work and purest passion lie in the sweet-spot between Lifestyle + Leadership.
Building a stronger nation, one powerful woman at a time.
Partner with us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Work with me. Clarity Conversations for progressive performance.
Speaker's Profile: 2018 Speakers Kit for Charlene SanJenko
PowHERhouse on Facebook.
PowHERhouse on Twitter.
PowHERhouse on Linkedin.