Builder of Strong Women Who Lead.
Publisher. Producer. PowHERtalker.
I am Charlene SanJenko, and I am a revolutionary leader who is READY TO RISE.
I push progressively past perceived boundaries to tangibly demonstrate what is possible and uncover untapped potential. My goal is to lead first and foremost by example.
I am a proud Canadian woman of Indigenous descent.
I am a wife, step-mother, sister, aunt, great-aunt, niece, friend, volunteer, mentor, advocate and tireless champion of powHERful women.
I am a social impact entrepreneur, tireless women’s advocate, publisher & producer, author, speaker, community leader, economic development enthusiast and second-term Councillor for the Town of Gibsons in BC.
At my core, I build strong women who lead. My company, PowHERhouse, is disrupting and redefining the media industry.
Media is a powerful mirror and an overlooked and underutilized tool to fully harness the potential of women in Canada.
I left my corporate role as National Marketing Manager for an independently owned investment firm and set out to build a House for Canada’s most powHERful women. The journey began 18 years ago, and the PowHERhouse brand was born mid-2013. Over the past five years, I have explored the relationship between mobilizing women and our use of media. The Media House is built. We’re now ready to populate it with powHERful partners aligned with our vision and mission.
Current leadership priorities…
- I am working closely with academic researchers at the University of Regina to produce an academic research paper that supports our position. Press Release here.
- I am also working closely with organizations such as Hilti Canada, Dentons and Deloitte to move our mission forward and am looking for other national partners to provide support.
- Our #1 goal is to obtain the commitment of Canadian brands/business/organizations who are ready to sign a multi-year pledge committing a fraction of their annual advertising budget to a tangible goal of moving women forward by 2025. The budget is there. It’s being spent. The question is: Could it be spent more effectively?
I have a vision. IMAGINE…
- Imagine the impact of a well-connected and coordinated collective of 10,000+ powerful, like-minded, purpose-driven Canadian women – leaders, decision-makers, influencers, innovators and catalysts of change.
- Imagine the impact as this collective takes on substantial social and economics initiatives with a solutions-focused approach – head on – which may include innovative property development focused on co-ownership and micro-housing for women and girls, crowd-funding marketing, referrals and support, and leadership development of girls and young women, and of course, political and advocacy work; providing a hand-up rather than a hand-out.
- Imagine the value of an independent media house to coordinate consistent, progressive action, supported by values-aligned media partners, advertising experts, sustainable funding partners, and academic partners to provide a resounding collective voice for the issues Canadian girls and women face in their daily lives, and the positive role models working hard to provide solutions to these issues.
- I imagine this vision every single day, and with each minute that passes, my vision becomes closer to my reality.
My best work and purest passion lie in the sweet-spot between Lifestyle + Leadership.
Building a stronger nation, one powerful woman at a time.
Partner with us. email@example.com
Work with me. Clarity Conversations for progressive performance.
Speaker’s Profile: 2018 Speakers Kit for Charlene SanJenko
PowHERhouse on Facebook.
PowHERhouse on Twitter.
PowHERhouse on Linkedin.